Crispus

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Yeah, Where Is It?

Last week on the “Hannity & Colmes” show, liberal Alan Colmes asked former House Speaker Newt Gingrich why there was no commentary at the Republican National Convention about the Contract With America’s 10th anniversary. Especially since Gingrich was the Contract’s visionary? Gotta admit, that was a great question.

Back in 1994 (when I was a leftist), I hated the Contract With America. When I started my new job (at a national not-for-profit) in December, we regularly stated in the office that Newt was the Gingrich Who Stole Christmas. Having moved away from liberalism’s excesses and wondering why President Bush hasn‘t met a spending bill that he doesn't love, I now wish for the Contract's focus on government fiscal responsibility! Some months ago, I even drafted a “Republican Contract With Black America” to promote black economic empowerment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home